These Smoked Salmon and Piccalilli Mini Tarts are the perfect Christmas starter
1. Preheat the oven to 220C/gas 7 and melt the butter in the microwave for 30 second blasts at a time until it is a liquid.
2. Brush a mini tart tin with some of the butter, then cut the pastry with scissors into squares a little bigger than the tart holes. Place a square in each hole, then brush with butter and top with more butter and layer with another square, placing it on to a slight angle. Repeat until you have used the pastry up.
3. Bake for 5 mins, until golden and crispy, then allow to cool.
4. In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, lemon zest and juice, chopped dill and smoked salmon, then partially mix in the piccalilli to create streaks.
5. Fill the pastry cases with the cream cheese mixture, and garnish with the dill and black pepper.
6. Chill until you serve.